Thursday, April 15, 2010

Work of Art, Bravo’s new reality show debuts 11 p.m. (ET/PT) June 9 with judges, critic Jerry Saltz and dealer Leanne Greenburg Rohatyn and Bill Powers, there will be no lack of theatre. The series features 14 artists in competition for $100,000 and a solo show at The Brooklyn Museum and i understand the pilot is hilarious.
Very much in the style of Project RunwayProject Runway, the show follows a similar casting protocol resulting ina collection of trained and untrained artists, one host (Connoisseur China Chow), one mentor (auctioneer Simon de Pury), and three judges (art critic Jerry Saltz, Half Gallery owner Bill Powers and gallerist Jeanne Greenberg Rohatyn) — but that the editing remains much the same.

Work of Art’s first episode introduces audiences to the artists and asks them to execute a challenge. In this case, the task was to create a portrait of one of their colleagues - very art school but not so sure anything is wrong with that.

Not sure the next best thing will be revealed but the entertainment factor and value is anticipated to be great and someone gets "their 15 minutes"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning the show. I met Andy Cohen,who is a bigwig at BRAVO, at Pastice when I had a studio at Meat Packing District,NYC a few years ago. Before Housewife shows. I had heard about
the art show but feared auditioning and showing my
flaws. I like to keep my "publicity" more private.
But am going to watch this and to see how it is
organized. It might be a good one.
On the other note, thanks for listing me on your artist
list. I will be exhibiting in three shows in three months. First reception is at Amsterdam Whitney Gallery, NYC on this Thursday, May 6. Then at JWS
in Great Barrington,MASS in June and Onishi Gallery,Chelsea July 8 reception. My book will be
ready by Autumn.

To Purchase New Book, "MITCHELL", refer to the right hand margin BLURB widget

See my published books